The holidays are coming! We know you are busy, so we will keep this short.
If you had to focus on just a few things to get ready for the holidays, here’s a short list:
1. Plan. Plan ahead by practicing a couple healthier alternatives to the holiday dishes we all love there are some great recipes available at: https://healthystepsnutrition.com/healthy-recipes/
For some amazing holiday sides, may we suggest:
- Cinnamon Roasted Butternut Squash
- Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Healthier Green Bean Casserole (Holiday Recipe)
- Healthier Stuffing (Holiday Recipe)
- Mashed Sweet Potato
- Seasoned Brussels Sprouts
2. Set goals. With many holiday gatherings coming, set a goal for a # of times to exercise this month & set a goal to drink water instead of alcohol. These 2 things can help deal with the sometimes added stress of holiday gatherings.
3. Don’t go in hungry. Don’t arrive at holiday gatherings hungry. The day of these gatherings, start your day with a healthy, balanced breakfast, and drink water prior to your big holiday lunch or dinner. This may decrease the temptation to overindulge.
4. Balance. Keep your holiday plate balanced choosing healthy sources of protein, carbs, and fats using the plate method. Aim to keep things colorful with a lot of different vegetables.
5. Enjoy your time with your family, socialize, play games, and laugh lots. Try to commit to having one plate of food and being done to avoid mindless eating and to allow the time to focus on making holiday memories with the ones you love.
IF YOU NEED ACCOUNTABILITY OVER THE HOLIDAYS, ENLIST THE HELP FROM OUR EXPERT NUTRITION COACH.
BOOK YOUR FREE INTRO USING THIS LINK: https://sycamorecrossfit.com/programs/nutrition/