This flavorful fajita chicken and veggies is great for dinner, but also perfect for meal prep! Throw it in a bowl with greens or grains, or use it in tortillas. So tasty and so healthy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 2 hours
- Yield: 7–8 Servings
For the Chicken (100 g= 0.7c/2.4f/34.7p)
- 1 tbs olive oil (15 g)
- Juice from 2 limes (60 g)
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced (or frozen Dorot cubes)
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 2.5 lb chicken tenderloins, trimmed, and chopped into 1.5 inch chunks or strips (1150 g)
For the Veggies (60 g cooked= 5.7c/0f/0.8p)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thinly (275 g)
- 1 onion, halved then sliced thinly (290 g)
- Big pinch of kosher salt
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and pour over chopped chicken in a large ziplock. Store in refrigerator for at least an hour, or overnight. Try to remember to pull out about 30 minutes before you cook (ideally) to bring to room temp.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and add veggies. Sprinkle with kosher salt and cook, stirring just occasionally, for about five minutes until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat that same pan to medium-high heat again, spray, and add about half the chicken (depending on the size of your pan) in a single layer to brown. Don’t crowd the pan or the chicken will steam instead of brown. Let it sit, unmoved, on the hot surface for about 2-3 minutes before flipping to the other side and repeating. Cook about 5 minutes total. Do not stir or cover. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Repeat in batches until it’s all cooked!
Serve with tortillas and fajita toppings, or on top of rice bowls or salads!