These healthy grilled Vegetable Kebabs are the best way to cook your veggies! Paleo/Whole30, easy to make + delicious – get ready to fire up your grill!
HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE KEBABS
Making vegetable kebabs is NOT difficult at all.
- Prep your veggies (more info on how to cut your veggies below).
- Once your veggies are cut, mix together your marinade.
- Combine marinade/veggies in a bag or a bowl.
- Let the veggies marinate (patience is key here!). Skewer those babies up (I love these metal skewers) then.. it’s grilling time!
Once they’re done, try not to eat them all in one sitting (I’m serious, they’re that good).
All joking aside though, these veggies are awesome for meal prepping, and they go well with pretty much any form of protein/other side dish!
BEST VEGETABLES FOR GRILLING
Mushrooms, onions, peppers and zucchini are my favorite veggies for grilling, but you can also try tomatoes, corn (cut in small chunks) or eggplant.
HOW DO YOU CUT VEGETABLES FOR KEBABS?
Every veggie is different, but here’s what we recommend
Zucchini – Zucchini can easily fall apart so we recommend keeping them in circles, about 1 inch thick.
Mushrooms – Similar to zucchini, mushrooms are soft and apt to break. We recommend keeping them whole.
Onions – Onions are tricky for grilling. We recommend cutting your onion in half, and then cutting in segments. No matter how you cut them, they are a little tough to get them to stay on the skewer
Peppers – We cut our peppers in 1.5 inch square cubes. Make sure to get rid of the tops centers before skewering.
You can also use eggplant (cut like a zucchini) or whole cherry tomatoes. Some people also like to add corn to their skewers. We find this to be a little difficult, but you can cut the corn in 2-3 inch segments and add them to the skewers.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU MARINATE VEGETABLE BEFORE GRILLING?
20 minutes is the least amount of time you should marinate your vegetables before grilling. We like to marinate ours for up to 24 hours for maximum flavor. Anything past 24 hours might leave you with mushy veggies!
TIPS FOR THE BEST VEGETABLE SKEWERS
- Allow the vegetables to marinate! This is a simple step that ads SO much flavor. Vegetables soak up marinades relatively quick, so 20 minutes is enough, but up to an hour is even better.
- Make sure to use medium heat – High heat will leave your veggies a charred mess – you’re better off with medium heat so they cook evenly!
- If using wooden skewers, soak ahead – This will prevent the skewers from burning/catching on fire. Honestly though, I don’t think wooden skewers are the best for grilling. I use metal skewers.