Soup season is wrapping up, but this delicious white bean chili is good for any time of the year and an great recipe to meal prep for easy lunches throughout the week.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 15.8 ounce cans of white beans drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cubed
- 2 cans green chilis undrained
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 1 cup onion diced
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno chopped (about one jalapeno)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves packed
- Sour cream to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat in a pan. Add the chicken and saute for about 3-5 minutes then remove and set aside.
- In the pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and jalapeno. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Rough chop 1/2 cup of cilantro and add to onion, garlic and jalapeno mixture. Saute for a few seconds then add all to a large pot.
- Add all seasonings (cumin, cayenne, oregano, paprika, black pepper, salt). Reduce heat to medium and let simmer.
- Add the beans and chicken stock.
- Let the chili simmer at least another 30 minutes, but the longer, the better. Use a potato masher to mash the beans- a few mashes should do the trick. You should do this before adding the chicken if the beans are nice and soft.
- Add in the chicken, corn and chiles.
- Before serving, add the rest of cilantro.
Nutrition (makes 8 servings)