The short answer is YES!
Proper sleep is vital to your long-term success and optimal wellness.
Did you know lack of sleep….:
- Decreases your immune system?
- Increases Cortisol (your stress hormone) and ghrelin (your hungry hormone)?
- Decreases Leptin (the hormone that tells you that you are satisfied)?
Have you ever noticed that you crave not great food or are more stressed when you don’t sleep?
To make matters worse, your body has a harder time regulating your blood sugar when you don’t get enough sleep.
Here are some tips to help improve your sleep:
- Try to avoid sugar, caffeine, chocolate, and alcohol before bed
- STOP drinking water an hour before bed
- Keep your routine SEVEN days a week
- Avoid eating within 2 hours of your bedtime
- Set up a wind-down routine at night
Sleep is vital to achieving optimal health!