Do you find yourself traveling during certain times of the year?
You don’t have to abandon your health and wellness goals just because you are on vacation or traveling.
Traveling can be difficult and it’s tough to figure out simple ways to stay on track while still enjoying yourself. Use it as an opportunity to take control of what you can.
Here are some of our favorite tips & tricks to help you tackle your next trip.
- Pack what you can! Here are a few ideas:
- Protein Oatmeal like overnight oats or RX Oatmeal
- Turkey Jerky
- Protein Bars
- Protein Packets
- If able, pack a cooler stocked with whole foods
- Don’t forget water- many times we mistake thirst for hunger so don’t forget to drink water instead of sugar-sweetened beverages
- Focus on veggies and a lean source of protein for meals
- Even while traveling, try to get some movement in.
- Set a step goal
- Do workout bursts throughout the day. Like a 3 minute AMRAP of 5, push-ups, 5 sit-ups, and 5 squats. If you are able to do that 5 times throughout the day that would equal a 15 minute workout!
- Drop in a local gym or visit the hotel gym!
If you find yourself traveling during certain seasons of the year, make sure you plan ahead and follow these tips to help you stay on track!
The best tool you can use to set yourself up for success is hiring a nutrition coach to help map out your plan and keep you accountable for sticking to it! We would love to help- all you have to do is schedule a FREE Nutrition Intro today to chat with our Nutrition Coach! (click here)