The Dog Days of Summer are almost upon us! What better time for a challenge?
Complete the Dog Days of Summer Challenge by finishing each of the following four distance goals in the timeframes indicated. Then, log them by sending or publishing a photo of the effort!
- Week 1, Aug. 1–7: 10,000 meters
- Week 2, Aug. 8–14: 20,000 meters
- Week 3, Aug. 15–21: 30,000 meters
- Week 4, Aug. 22–28: 40,000 meters
- Total Meters: 100,000 meters
You can accumulate meters by rowing, biking, skiing, or running/walking. You can accumulate meters indoors or outdoors on land or water.
The distance goals do not have to be done in one sitting, but they must be done during the timeframe indicated. By the end of the challenge, you will have accumulated 100,000 meters!
- Machines for distance: Indoor rower and SkiErg meters count meter for meter. Bike meters are counted as half when applied to the challenge.
- This is an individual challenge. There is no official sign up but we will be tracking total distance in a Google Sheet. Message Carl or Tony via DM in social media to be added as a participant.
- Meters completed on your own must be tracked with some form of digital app or screen. Bike riding or running can be tracked via an app or a smart watch. Just take a picture or screen shot for proof. Then publish as story tagging Carl or Tony and Sycamore CrossFit.
- Meters accumulated during workouts count. Just take a picture or screenshot of the workout and share it.
- 15 minutes before or after class can be used to accumulate meters as long as it doesn’t interfere with other classes.
- Every week we will publish totals to Sycamore CrossFit’s social media stories.
We are looking for a way to commemorate the effort with something at the end for anyone who finishes each week or accumulating 100,000 meters.
Check out who is signed up and track everyone’s progress here.
We are so excited about this challenge, and we hope you join us!