A rich and creamy, filling soup made in the Instant Pot with chicken, cauliflower rice, and coconut and cashew cream! 40 mins of total prep and cooking time!
- 2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 4 hours in water if you don’t have a high-speed blender
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen cauliflower rice
- pinch turmeric for color, optional
- fresh chives or fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Turn Instant Pot on Sauté mode. Heat the ghee in pot, then add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add chicken broth, chicken, salt, freshly cracked black pepper, oregano, and bay leaf. Secure lid with valve in Sealing position and cook on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes. Quick Release.
- Meanwhile, in a high-speed blender, process coconut milk and cashews until very, very smooth.
- When Instant Pot is finished cooking and pressure is released, stir in coconut-cashew mixture and cauliflower rice. Turn Instant Pot on Sauté mode and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower rice is cooked through. Add pinch of turmeric for color, if desired. Season with additional salt to taste. Ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh chives, if desired.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days. If you are very sensitive to the taste of coconut milk, you can skip the coconut milk and substitute 1 1/2 cups WITH 1 1/2 cups cashews (up from 1 cup) in making the cashew cream. You may wish to use a smaller blender container if you have one to aid in the processing.