HOW TO MAKE SUPERFOOD SALAD WITH BLUEBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
I’ve combined so many delicious superfoods, here are the ingredients you need to gather up:
- red onion
- chia seeds
- avocado oil
- apple cider vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
To make the salad, you’ll start with a bed of arugula. Add the remaining salad ingredients: raspberries, avocados, walnuts, blueberries, red onion, and chia seeds.
Using a food processor or blender, blend up the dressing: oil, blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients.
Toss everything to enjoy!
This salad is easy customizable too:
Greens: I love arugula, but realize not others do. Swap in spinach, romaine or kale in it’s place if you’d like
Nuts: swap out the walnuts for any nut like almonds, cashews, or pecans
Berries: Strawberries or blackberries can be used. Only have one type of berry, no problem!
Protein: Add in grilled chicken or Salmon for a complete meal.
Superfood Salad with Blueberry Lemon Vinaigrette
PREP TIME 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME 10 MINUTES SERVINGS 6
For the Salad:
- 6 cups arugula or your favorite greens
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup raspberries
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup avocado or olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, pile in your greens (make sure they are rinsed) into the bowl. Now top with berries, avocado, and red onion.
- Make your dressing: begin by adding in 1/4 cup avocado or olive oil, blueberries, lemon, lemon zest, apple cider vinegar, and dijon mustard. Pulse in a food processor or high powered blender for 1 minute. After 1 minute, while motor is running, pour in remaining oil. Continue to pulse until dressing is well combined, and blueberries are completely incorporated.
- Toss dressing onto the salad (you may not use all of it and have extra), and carefully toss all ingredients of the salad with the dressing.
- Finally, top with walnuts and chia seeds to serve.