This little twist on one of our favorite Christmas cookie recipes makes the perfect little indulgence this holiday season!
- 2/3 C (174g) Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 C (74g) Light Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 scoops (62g) Vanilla Protein Powder*
- 1/4 C (36g) Powdered Sugar**
- 1/2 C (112g) Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mix the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla together in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the protein powder and powdered sugar and blend/mix until crumbly. The mixture will be slightly dry, but you should be able to use a spatula to press everything together. (If your mixture is too dry, add 1-2 teaspoons of water.)
- Divide the mixture into 16 small balls, 21-22g each. Roll each ball between your palms to smooth and place on a parchment lined baking sheet that can fit in your freezer. If a ball is crumbly or falling apart, squeeze it together in your hand and continue working it together until you can roll into a smooth ball. Freeze the balls for 15-20 minutes.
- Microwave chocolate chips in a small bowl in 15-20 second intervals, stirring at each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Stick a toothpick in a peanut butter ball and dip in the chocolate. Smooth the toothpick hole with your fingers after removing.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
*We used PEScience Select, which is a whey and casein blend. Other protein powders may require slight adjustments to reach the desired consistency.
**We used Swerve Confectioners, which is a zero-calorie powdered sugar substitute.
YIELD: 16 Buckeyes / SERVING SIZE: 1 Buckeye
TOTAL FAT: 10g