- 8 large eggs (beaten)
- 1/4 teaspoon adobo seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or see below for homemade)
- 1/2 small onion (minced)
- 2 tbsp bell pepper (minced)
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions or cilantro (for topping)
- salsa (for serving)
For the potatoes:
- 12 1 lb baby gold or red potatoes (quartered)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh black pepper (to taste)
For homemade taco seasoning:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, season with seasoning salt and add the cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Spray a 9 x 12 or large oval casserole dish with oil.
- Add the potatoes 1 tablespoon oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, garlic powder and black pepper and toss.
- Bake until tender, tossing every 15 minutes, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, brown turkey in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up while it cooks. When no longer pink add the spices and mix well.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomato sauce and water. Stir and cover, simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Spray another skillet with nonstick spray, add the eggs, 1/4 teaspoon salt and scramble, cook until just set, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- To serve place 3/4 cup turkey and 2/3 cup eggs in each plate or bowl, divide the potatoes and top each with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese, scallions or cilantro and serve with salsa on the side.
Serving: 1/4 Batch