This is one of our favorite easy, macro-friendly proteins to have lying around for quick meals. So easy and delicious, and ready to build a number of meals in just twelve minutes!
- 1 cup salsa verde
- ½ a large white onion, diced (170 g)
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs liquid smoke (sold at grocery stores near barbecue sauce.)
- 5 cloves garlic (or frozen dorot cubes.)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2–3 pounds thawed or fresh chicken tenderloins
- Mix together everything but the chicken.
- Combine sauce and chicken in instant pot. Close and set to manual for 12 minutes. Let the steam release naturally for ten minutes or so and then open it (if it doesn’t open easily, wait a few more minutes).
- Shred, toss in juices, and stir in ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- OR cook in slow cooker on low ’till tender about 6-7 hours.
- Serving Size: 113 grams (4 oz)
- Calories: 115
- Fat: 1.4
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 5.7
- Protein: 20.7