FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 dill pickle spears (chopped)
- 1/2 small red onion (sliced into rings)
- 4 ounce avocado (cubed (from 1 small haas))
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
In a large bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper. With wet hand, gently form into 4 equal patties. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook hamburger patties on a grill to medium doneness, around 4-5 minutes per side. After flipping the patties, add the onion rings to the grill. Cook onion for the remaining 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow patties to rest for 5-10 minutes then cut each patty into 16 bite-size pieces.
- Add the lettuce, pickles, onion, avocado and tomato to the bowl. Divide the salad among 4 plates, top each with grilled onions, cheese, and 1 chopped patty. Drizzle with ¼ of the dressing.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 salad Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 314 calories
- Total Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 28g