We’re all about quick and easy recipes we can throw in the slow cooker before work or in the Instant Pot after! This Greek Shredded Chicken checks all the boxes!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast (defrosted)
- for the marinade
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh if you have it)
- 3 ounces plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- for after cooking
- 1 tablespoon plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- We used a gallon size ziplock bag for your chicken breast and marinade ingredients.
- Marinade overnight or 6-10 hours in the fridge. (Do not exceed 10 hours, you will have mush)
- Place ingredients in your slow cooker on low 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours
- If using an Instant pot add 1/2 cup water, set pressure to high for 15 minutes, and quick release when finished.
- Remove chicken from liquid and shred.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt (1 tablespoon) and enjoy!
Servings – 8.5
Calories – 122
Fat – 2.5
Carbohydrates – 9
Protein – 24