Wake up to a healthy Breakfast Casserole made with nutritious ingredients, bursting with comforting flavors and packed with 20 grams of protein!
- 18 ounce ground turkey sausage
- 24 egg whites you can also use 12 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 zucchini spiralized
- 2 cups sweet potato peeled and spiralized, ~ 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 350 F. Prepare a square 8 x 8 inch casserole dish by spraying with cooking spray.
- Bring a medium skillet to medium heat and add the turkey sausage. With a wooden spoon, break down the sausage as it browns. Once browned, drain the meat then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites with milk, salt, pepper and seasonings until frothy.
- Assemble the casserole by evenly layering the spiralized sweet potato on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Then add the meat over the top in an even layer. Layer the spiralized zucchini and spinach on top. Pour the egg white mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake 35 minutes or until the eggs are fully set.
- Remove from the oven and cool 10 minutes in the baking dish before slicing into 9 large portions.
Serving Size – 1 portion (1/9 of container)
Calories – 134
Carbohydrates 7.6 g
Protein 20.2 g