Low Carb Turkey Cauliflower Chili
October 17, 2019
- 1 medium onion diced 335 g
- 2 bell peppers diced 320 g
- 1 tbs kosher salt
- 2 tbs tomato paste 30 g- optional*
- 200 g cauliflower rice fresh or frozen
- 1.6 lb lean ground turkey 93/7
- 1 lb extra lean ground turkey 99/1
- 5 tbs chili powder
- 4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 7 frozen dorot cubes of garlic or fresh minced cloves
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup 112g marinara (6 carbs/half cup)
- 1 cup green enchilada sauce 240 g
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 250 g frozen diced kabocha squash (Trader Joes has this one but it doesn't change the macros or taste much if you skip it. 🙂 )
- 1/2 tbs liquid smoke optional*
Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat, spray with cooking spray and add onions, peppers, tomato paste, and 1 tbs kosher salt. Saute for a few minutes until veggies are soft.
Add cauliflower rice and cook for a another minute or two.
Add the meat, chili powder, cumin, and oregano, stirring and browning the ground turkey, working to break it up until small pieces (the leaner one takes more work). Add garlic and cook for another minute.
Add the remaining ingredients: canned tomatoes, marinara, green enchilada sauce, chicken broth and kabocha squash and liquid smoke if using. Stir together, then cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
Top with cheese, avocado, sour cream, cilantro… fritos! Whatever makes your chili YOUR CHILI. Make sure to add those macros yourself.
- Serving Size: 400 g (Almost 2 cups)
- Calories: 268
- Fat: 7.7
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Protein: 30