Hot Weather Reminders
July 16, 2019
Over the next few days, we are expecting some extremely hot temperatures! We wanted to take the time to send out a few reminders as the heat index reaches some dangerous levels, especially when coupled with extreme humidity.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is extremely important. Bring extra water and consider adding something with electrolytes (but limit sugar).
- Listen to your body. Make sure to slow down when appropriate. If at any point you feel dizzy, stop your workout and talk to your coach. You should not push through dizziness, especially in these temperatures.
- Take it easy. A 100 degree day may not be the time to go for a PR or push yourself to your limit, and taking it easy for a few days will not be detrimental to your fitness. We promise.
- Try an earlier workout time. If you’ve been looking to come to the 5:30am or 6:30am class and it fits into your schedule, now is the time! We know it doesn’t work for everyone, but it is much cooler at those times and something to consider on extra hot days.
- Take a rest day. If you are concerned about the temperatures or feel you can’t stop yourself from pushing too hard, it may be a good idea to take a rest day or two.
As always, please talk to your coach if you have concerns or are feeling dizzy/sick during a workout. We may need to make changes to classes to ensure everyone’s safety, and we will let you know as early as possible if this is the case.